Saturday, July 10, 2010

Prince Troy

Troy basically runs our household. He definitely acts like he does too. If it weren't for Troy and Troy's routine, my family would be like a bunch of stoned lab rats running through a maze in search of cheese that doesn't exist.

Here's a picture of Prince Troy in all his royal glory:




Troy also has many weird obsessions and habits. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good dog. He begs for food and often sticks his big nose right next to your plate, but he won't ever take anything. Even if you drop a scrap of food on the floor, he'll wait for you to pick it up and hand it to him before he takes it like a good boy.

But of all the food my family eats, which is a wide variety, he's got two favorites: ice cubes and pop corn.



If you are standing at the freezer filling a glass with ice, or holding a bowl of popcorn, he will immediately sit down, puff out his chest and stare at you with his big brown eyes. Sometimes, he drops his head a bit and gives you a sad-puppy look. For any of you who have ever owned a dog, you'll probably agree with me when I say those are very difficult to say no to.

If the sad-puppy big brown eyes techniques don't work, he'll begin frantically barking. A 100-pound goldendoodle has a BIG bark, and for a dog that doesn't bark often, it's annoying when he does. And he WON'T STOP until he gets his way.


I rarely ever say no to the guy, so if that's what it resorts to, I end up giving him whatever he wants.



Oh Prince Troy, you're such a piece of work. But I love you anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment