Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Going to college but don't want a roommate? I have your solution!

If you're like me and grew up an only child, you may be nervous about co-habitating with a stranger placed with you by unveristy employees who really don't know you either. If you want a single but 1) singles are hard to come by at your school or 2) none are available, I have the perfect solution. Use this roommate survey to scare anyone out of wanting to ever live with you! [Disclaimer: This will go in one of two directions, either you will succeed in getting a single, or you will end up with one fucked up roommate].

Name: [Insert Name Here]

Male/Female: Female [if you're male - editing may be needed]

Hometown: [Insert Hometown Here]

High School: [Insert High School Here]

Intended Major: I’m currently undeclared. I plan to have it figured out hopefully by senior or super-senior year.

Morning/Night Person: It really depends. I like to stay out partying until 5 am on weekends, then sleep until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Sometimes I do that on weekdays too. If I don’t feel like going out, I will go to bed at 9 pm and expect nothing but silence because I’m a very light sleeper and get VERY cranky when I’m woken up. Don’t be surprised if I throw things. I will then wake up at 6 am to take a bunch of Adderall and be productive. I’m in a band so I’ll probably be practicing during that time. I’m the drummer by the way, so I’ll be bringing my whole drumkit to school with me and we'll need to make room for it.

Partier: Rager (I party harder)

Smoker: On occasion. I like to smoke on my bed with all the windows closed. Ashtrays are also overrated, so I’ll probably just use the floor and expect you to vacuum it up since vacuuming is overrated too.

Interested in (Boys/Girls): Boys. I’m not monogamous though. You’ll probably see with me a different boy each weekend. Don’t judge me and I won’t judge you! :)

Describe Yourself in One Word: ADHDbipolarbossycontrollingbitchnymph

Interests: Depends on the week. I change my mind about things frequently. Sometimes I like politics and protests and smoking pot and other weeks I overindulge in literature and will go to a couple book club meetings and spend my nights with a glass of wine and something good to read in absolute silence. Most every weekend though I like to rage. Hard. I also never give up my band.

How do you study?: With loud music blaring though my speakers. And alone. Unless I invite my boy-of-the-week over to “study” with me, but in that case I really don’t mean study.

Hobbies: Sex, Drugs, Rock-n-Roll! RAGE ON! I also like abstract painting. My favorite technique is when you fill the balloons with paint and throw darts at them as they’re hung to a giant canvas. I’ll probably do that often. I also like graffiti art.

Goal in Life: I’m not interested in pursuing life goals at the moment.

Odd Living Habits: I tend to leave everything I own on the floor, that way, it’s more easily accessible. Clothes just get buried in drawers, then I forget what I have and I don’t like that. I also have a lot of clothes, so I’ll probably take up 7/8ths of empty floor space with this habit of mine.

Talkative (Y/N): Sometimes. If I have a great story to tell, or had a particularly crazy night, I like to share it with everybody and make them listen. I’ll throw a fit if people don’t listen so being my roommate, you’d better listen! But other times I just like to sit in silence, and I don’t like any noise whatsoever, and I’ll probably get pissed if you try to talk to me while I am in one of these moods.

Outgoing (Y/N): Yes and no

Clubs / intramurals you may be interested in: I don’t participate in clubs and activities. I’m a nonconformist and prefer to veer away from anything that would succumb me to that “group effect” that really fucks people up. I also will never show school pride, so don’t ask me to go to a football game or anything. Also please don’t hang up school memorabilia or anything that labels our room as having an inhabitant who is a part of a “group”

Music: Loud. Often. My band will probably practice in our room sometimes, and I definitely need at least 3 hours of practice a day so I’m ready for our sets on the weekends. Did I mention I am the drummer?

Level of organization: Zero.

Political preference: Anarchist

Religion? How serious? I’m a devout atheist. Unless you’re an atheist too, in that case I am Catholic and will be hanging my 7-foot crucifix on the front of our door.

Other Interesting Facts: I have lived by myself my whole life, I was an only child and my parents let me do whatever I want. I’d like to think I live by myself, so if you could please stay out of my way and respect my space as much as possible, we will get along just great!

No comments:

Post a Comment