Tuesday, August 24, 2010

List of Shit to Do that I'm trying very very hard to accomplish but probably won't because I am an epic fail

I have percisely one week left before I depart for Denver (ALAS!) but have a long of Shit To Do List that actually needs to get accomplished or else my leaving Minnesota will be compromised and I'll be stuck in this foresaken (sorta) land forever and I'll die miserable and lonely and at sea level.

Let's see if this shit can get done...

Presenting...
Adrienne's Shit To Do List
(because I need help remembering...so help me, readers! I'm counting on you for survival!)

1) Pack......um ok, I'll delay this one like the professional procastinator in which I am.

The real numba 1) Oil change for my car. Welp, I have an appointment. I even printed a coupon that's includes oil change and tire rotation for $23.99 at Tires Plus which is cheaper than the last time I did it which was about four years ago and I paid $45 for just an oil change. I know Momma took my car in when I was at school once so its not like the oil's never been changed for four years, I just never accomplish shit and Momma knows that. But I plan to just get stoned first which always makes time pass by quicker.... I mean ice cream. Ice cream makes time pass by quicker.

2) Eye doctors appointment. Momma's only been telling me all summer that I need to make an appointment and finally got the last one available which means I have to go to work earlier so I can leave earlier and I hate mornings more than life itself so I may only be like 15 minutes late. Whoopsies in advance.

3) Pack. Motherfuuuuckerrrrrr the WORST task of 'em all. Also considering I have more clothes than TJ Maxx this task really will suck its own balls.

4) Barry, Kentucky, where I am being dragged for my last weekend of summer for some family stuff which I really wouldn't mind but we have to drive back to Minnesota afterwards because my great aunt who is already there won't fly so basically I'm riding down with my parents and aunt to pick her up so I'll be squeezed in the back seat with my two aunts for 14-hours then have a day off before I have to drive all the way to Denver with just my dad and a car load of shit. That is if I get remember this oil change appointment because otherwise my car probably won't make it which would be a tragedy.

5) Pack. GODDAMNIT I KEEP FORGETTING!

6) Clean up my desk. I've been habitating in this same desk for roughly 4o-hours a week all summer and have collected a plethora of items, including Twins bobblehead, random pictures I printed off facebook of my friends and I having fun and at cool places like Red Rocks, AP Stylebook (aka the BIBLE if you work in PR or Journalism) and a bunch of papers that now that I am looking at them are completely unorganized and I might just dump in the recycling bin. But then again I might accidentally throw away something important like a paycheck or the hard copy of this Shit To Do List.

7) Happy Hour! Turns out my co-workers actually like me enough to throw me a farewell fiesta at Chevy's patio during Happy Hour tomorrow after work! And the best part is Momma works down the street so I've already arranged a DD! Woohoo for plans to get drunk before 6pm!

Another 7) I say 7 again because right after happy hour my mom and I are going to some event downtown that I already forget exactly what it is but it involves free food therefore I'm totally down.

8) Pack. FUCK.

9) Dentist appointment on my one day off between Barry and Denver. Dentist = Devil because no matter how much I floss (once or twice a month, or after eating corn on the cob) its never ever ever good enough :(

10) Get work done. Instead of blogging my Shit To Do List. I kind of have it written down, but I feel like sharing it with you all because if I do forget something I can blog "Hey, what was it I have to do again?" and you can be like "Adrienne, PACK DAMMIT!" and I can be like "FUCK I really should get on that before Monday night rolls around and I have absolutely nothing together." Which will probably end up happening. Ooooh welp.

Update: One last thing: obsessively compulsively check my email/bank account to see if I got Phish fall tour tickets and this pre-order request thingy worked! AHHH!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Adrienne, PACK DAMMIT!!!!!!

    - Lora (20SB) xx

    ReplyDelete